Saturday 29 May 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 29, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Raajneeti, directed by Prakash Jha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Crisis Economics by Nouriel Roubini and Stephen Mihm was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Rising 2 or Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 May 2010 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 May
- Dennis Hopper: American actor and director who first landed a role in "Rebel Without A Cause" at age 19.
- BP's effort fails to plug the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, which is the worst in U.S. history, and is fouling marshland and beaches, as estimates of how much oil is leaking grow more dire. (''USA Today'')
- Roy Halladay pitches the 20th perfect game in Major League Baseball history in the Philadelphia Phillies' 1–0 win over the Florida Marlins. (AP at Yahoo!)
- Tens of thousands of Portuguese rally in central Lisbon against the government's austerity measures in one of the biggest protests in recent years. (Al Jazeera)
- Thousands of people are evacuated as Attabad Lake in Pakistan's Hunza Valley begins to overflow. (Al Jazeera)
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, Japanese Prime Minster Yukio Hatoyama and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak meet in Jeju in a trilateral summit to discuss strengthening trade ties and the ''Cheonan'' incident. (Korea Times)
- An audience member storms the stage during Daniel Diges performance. The Spanish entry has to be performed again. (Digital Spy)
- The United Kingdom, represented by Josh Dubovie, finish last. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Israel rejects call to take part in a conference aimed at achieving a nuclear-arms free Middle East, citing the document agreed to at the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty talks in which Israel was singled out, but which did not mention Iran, widely suspected of having a nuclear-weapons program, or declared nuclear states India and Pakistan, who have not signed the treaty. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Six people are killed and twelve others are injured after a gas canister blasts in an underground tunnel in Rafah. (AFP)
- Thousands of people flee the Pacaya volcano in Guatemala and the Tungurahua volcano in Ecuador following eruptions. (CBC)
- Two gay pride demonstrations are held in Moscow despite an official ban. It is the first time the event was not broken up by police since the initial attempt in 2006. (Reuters)
- President of Malawi Bingu wa Mutharika pardons a gay couple sentenced to 14 years in prison for ampquotgross indecency and unnatural actsampquot. (Xinhua)
- More than 50,000 Greeks with diabetes are left with insulin after Novo Nordisk, the world's leading supplier of the drug, withdraws from Greece in a ampquotbrutal capitalist blackmailampquot after being asked to reduce the cost of its medicine by the Greek government. (euronews)
- At least 14 people are wounded after dozens of handball fans belonging to rival teams PAOK Thessaloniki and AEK Athens attack each other with petrol bombs, knives, bricks and furniture, leading to a street battle in Lamia. Police deploy tear gas to bring the city under their control. (BBC)
- Another riot occurs in Austria as the Serbia national football team meet the New Zealand national football team ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. (RTÉ)
- Nepal's political leaders agree to extend the parliamentary term for another year following talks to avert a political crisis. (''The Rising Nepal'')
- Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, winner of the 2010 parliamentary elections in Hungary, assumes office. (Reuters)
- Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva lifts a curfew in the capital Bangkok and 23 provinces in the aftermath of protests but a state of emergency would remain. (''Bangkok Post'')
- As part of the ongoing United Kingdom Parliamentary expenses scandal, Liberal Democrat MP David Laws resigns from his position as Chief Secretary to the Treasury after it is revealed he used expenses to cover rent for a non-marital partner, a practice banned in 2006. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 May 2010
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cordoba - Cartagena : 1 - 2
- Huesca - Betis : 0 - 1
- Las Palmas - Elche : 4 - 1
- Levante - Vallecano : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Gitana - Shakira
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Caleb Madison starts right off with a surly bartender. [..]
In European fashion houses, star designers are being supplanted with brand developers as part of a new postrecession strategy. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?