Saturday 29 November 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Jean la Poudre, directed by Emile Chautard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1913!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1913 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 November
- 5th CFL Grey Cup: Hamilton Tigers defeats Toronto Parkdale, 44-2
- Federation Internationale d'Escrime, the international organizing body of competitive fencing, is founded in Paris, France.
- December ndash The Gateway of India is constructed in Bombay, to commemorate Queen Victoria's reign as Empress of India.
- The Ford Motor Company introduces the first moving assembly line, reducing chassis assembly time from 12½ hours in October to 2 hours, 40 minutes (although Ford is not the first to use an assembly line, his successful adoption of one sparks an era of mass production).
- Crete, having obtained self rule from Turkey after the first Balkan War, is annexed by Greece.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 November 1913
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When It's Apple Blossom Time in Normandy - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- Where Did You Get That Girl? - Walter Van Brunt
- The Curse of an Aching Heart - Manuel Romain
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?