Sunday 29 September 1929US date format: 9/29/1929, UK date format: 29/9/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lata Mangeshkar and Murray McLaggan.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1929 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:29 September
- Giitji Tanaka: Japanese Baron / General / Premier (1927-29), dies at 66.