Tuesday 29 September 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Rénier and Madeline Kahn.
Eyes in the Night, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1942 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Yves Rénier: French TV film director, screenwriter, and actor, born ton an English mother, widely known for the TV serie "Commissaire Moulin".
- Madeline Kahn: American actress, known for her fey and magical delivery of comedy roles.
- Ian McShane: British actor known in the series "Lovejoy," 1986 to 1994, as a roguish antique dealer.
- Jean-Luc Ponty: French-American musician, a multi-talented violinist, composer and music producer.
- Felice Gimondi: Italian former professional racing cyclist.
- San Miguel de Allende (Mexico)
- David Wilcox: Ontario sports Champions.
- Donna Leon
- Steve Tesich: Serbian-American screenwriter and playwright (d. 1996).
- Janet Powell: Australian educator and politician (d. 2013).
- Bill Nelson: American captain and politician.
- Dave Wilcox: American football player, a linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers (1964–1974).
- Donna Corcoran in Quincy: Massachusetts, USA; actress ("Man Without a Star").
- William Nelson American politician (Representative-Democrat-Florida): astronaut (STS 61C).
- Madeline Kahn in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety).
- Government of De Gaulle cancels agreement of Munich