Sunday 29 August 1943US date format: 8/29/1943, UK date format: 29/8/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter von Bagh and Arthur B McDonald.
Sahara, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1943 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Peter von Bagh
- Arthur B McDonald
- Mohamed Amin: Kenyan photographer and journalist (d. 1996).
- David Soul: Actor.
- Arthur McDonald: Canadian astrophysicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Dick Halligan: American pianist and composer (Blood Sweat & Tears).
- Richard Halligan: Troy, New York -- Rock vocalist (Blood Sweat & Tears).
- Denmark scuttles their warships so as not to be taken by Germany
- German-occupied Denmark scuttles most of its navy; Germany dissolves the Danish government.