Monday 30 July 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth R Chapman and John Richard Brinsley Norton.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1923 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Kenneth R Chapman
- Dipa Nusantara Aidit: Indonesian communist / leader of PKI (1951-65).
- John Richard Brinsley Norton: Landowner.
- Jacques Famery: French film actor, who died on 18 January 2014 in Paris.
- Olivier Revault d'Allonnes: French philosopher and aesthetician, who played an important role in the dissemination and recognition of the Frankfurt School and especially the work of Theodor Adorno in France.
- Kenneth Chapman: Summerfield Military man.
- New Zealand claims Ross Dependency
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Aggravatin' Papa - Sophie Tucker
- Isham Jones & His Orchestra - Swingin' Down the Lane