Monday 30 June 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Chalier and Cyril Atanassoff.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1941 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Yves Chalier
- Cyril Atanassoff: French ballet dancer.
- Micki Grant: Composer.
- Mike Leander Farr: Record producer.
- Stokely Carmichael: Activist.
- Otto Sander: German film, theatre, and voice actor, whose best-known film roles include the angel Cassiel in "Wings of Desire" (1987) and its sequel "Faraway, So Close!" (1993) by Wim Wenders, and a shell-shocked U-boat commander, Kapitänleutnant Philipp Thomsen, in Wolfgang Petersen's "Das Boot" (1981).
- Peter Pollock: South African cricketer and author.
- Carol Garlick: American pro astrologer, active in local and national astrology groups.
- Larry Hall: Rocker (Tape Heads).
- 61 U-boats (310,000 ton) sunk this month
- Pro-Nazi group declares Ukraine independence
- World War II: Operation Barbarossa : Germany captures Lviv, Ukraine.