Friday 30 December 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Bologna in Brooklyn and Mike Auldridge.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1938 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Joseph Bologna in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Citizen Cohn, My Favorite Year).
- Mike Auldridge: American guitarist (The Seldom Scene and Chesapeake) (d. 2012).
- Gennaro Langella: American mob boss (d. 2013).
- Electronic television system patented (V K Zworykin)
- The ballet ''Romeo and Juliet'' with music by Prokofiev receives its first full performance at the Mahen Theatre in Brno, Czechoslovakia.
- Establishment of Majlis Khuddam-ul Ahmadiyya by Khalifat-ul Masih II, Mirza Basheer-ud-Din Mahmood Ahmad, the second Caliph of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
- In West Java, Daeng Soetigna tunes the traditional angklung to play the diatonic scale.
- Adolf Hitler is ''Time'' magazine's ampquotMan of the Yearampquot, as the most influential person of the year.
- The Walther P38 pistol is introduced in Germany.
- The first cartoon to feature a prototypical Bugs Bunny, ''Porky's Hare Hunt'', is released.
- The Schomburgk's Deer becomes extinct by this date.
- Herbert E. Ives and G. R. Stilwell execute the Ives-Stilwell experiment, showing that ions radiate at frequencies affected by their motion.
- Family plots produce 22% of all Soviet agricultural produce on only 4% of all cultivated land.
- Women are limited by law to a maximum of 10% of the better-paying jobs in industry and government in Italy.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?