Thursday November 30, 1939
US date format: 11/30/1939, UK date format: 30/11/1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 30, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Neville Chamberlain (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Andrei Khrzhanovsky and Chandra Dangi.
The Devil's Daughter, directed by Arthur H. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 30, 1939?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- See more
- 21 U-boats sunk this month (52,000 ton)
- USSR invades Finland, bombs Helsinki
- Winter War: Soviet forces cross the Finnish border in several places and bomb Helsinki and several other Finnish cities, starting the war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 30, 1939?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ambrose & His Orchestra vocal Denny Dennis - South of the Border (Down Mexico Way)