Thursday 30 November 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 30, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrei Khrzhanovsky and George Gilder.
The Devil's Daughter, directed by Arthur H. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1939 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
Famous Birthdays:30 November
- 21 U-boats sunk this month (52,000 ton)
- USSR invades Finland, bombs Helsinki
- Winter War: Soviet forces cross the Finnish border in several places and bomb Helsinki and several other Finnish cities, starting the war.