Friday 31 October 1913, Halloween
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Lure of New York, directed by George K. Rolands, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Laddie (novel) by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1913 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 October
- William Evans-Gordon: British politician (Born 1857).
- Dedication of the Lincoln Highway, the first automobile road across United States.
- The Indianapolis Street Car Strike and subsequent riot begins.
- The Lincoln Highway, the first automobile road across the United States, is dedicated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Elsie Baker - A Perfect Day
- San Francisco Bound - Peerless Quartet
- There's a Girl in the Heart of Maryland - Henry Burr & Andrea Sarto
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?