Sunday 19 October 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Urruty and Vinícius Moraes.
Oliver Twist, directed by Thomas Bentley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Judgment House by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1913 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean Urruty: France -- Jai-Alai champion.
- Vinícius Moraes: Brazilian poet and composer who wrote the words of "Girl of Ipanema," a great hit in bossa-nova.
- Vasco Pratolini: Italian writer, a novelist and short story writer who won a number of prizes.
- Vinicius de Moraes: Brazilian poet playwright and composer (d. 1980).
- The DLRG (German Life-Saving Society) is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in the Heart of Maryland (with a Heart That Belongs to Me) - Harry Macdonough
- On the Banks of the Wabash - Harry Macdonough & American Quartet
- You're a Great Big Blue-Eyed Baby - Heidelberg Quintet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?