Sunday 19 October 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vinícius de Moraes and Vasco Pratolini.
The Farmer's Daughters, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1913 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Vinícius de Moraes
- Vasco Pratolini: Italian writer, a novelist and short story writer who won a number of prizes.
- Jean Urruty: France -- Jai-Alai champion.
- Vinícius Moraes: Brazilian poet and composer who wrote the words of "Girl of Ipanema," a great hit in bossa-nova.
- Vinicius de Moraes: Brazilian poet playwright and composer (d. 1980).
- The DLRG (German Life-Saving Society) is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in the Heart of Maryland (with a Heart That Belongs to Me) - Harry Macdonough
- You're a Great Big Blue-Eyed Baby - Heidelberg Quintet
- On the Banks of the Wabash - Harry Macdonough & American Quartet