Wednesday 8 October 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Schumann and Robert Gilruth.
The Debt of Honor, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Laddie (novel) by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1913 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Walter Schumann: NYC, New York -- Choral director (Ford Show) / composer (Rhenish).
- Robert Gilruth: American aviation and space pioneer.
- Secondo Ricci: Italian soccer/football player, he played for Ravenna (1936-1937), Russi (1937-1938), and Bologna (1938-1950).
- Henri Labrousse: Marseille Military man.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pullman Porters' Parade - Al Jolson
- Sweethearts - Grace Kerns
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?