Sunday 26 October 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart J[ames] Byrne and Jean Capelle.
Ten Nights in a Barroom, directed by Lee Beggs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1913 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Stuart J[ames] Byrne: United States -- Sci-fi author (Star Man, God Man).
- Jean Capelle: Belgium sport Champion.
- Malcom Macdonald: .
- Charlie Barnet: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 1991).
- Huerta elected President of Mexico
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in the Heart of Maryland - Henry Burr & Andrea Sarto
- Elsie Baker - A Perfect Day
- San Francisco Bound - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?