April 1906 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in April 1906.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on April 1906: find out below
Which were the important events of April 1906?
- 02 Apr 1906 South Africa completes a 4-1 series drubbing of England.
- 07 Apr 1906 Act of Algeciras drawn between Moroccan police and banking business.
- 08 Apr 1906 Auguste Deter, the first person to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, dies.
- 11 Apr 1906 Einstein introduces his Theory of Relativity.
- 13 Apr 1906 Mutiny on Portuguese battleships Dom Carlos and Vasco da Gama.
- 14 Apr 1906 President Theodore Roosevelt denounces "muckrakers" in US press.
- 18 Apr 1906 Calvinist Reformed Union in the Netherlands Church forms in Utrecht
- 19 Apr 1906 San Francisco earthquake ends killing 452
- 22 Apr 1906 10th anniversary Olympic games open at Athens, Greece
- 23 Apr 1906 In Tsarist Russia, the Fundamental Laws are announced at the first state Duma.
Irish author of prose, fiction and...
Czech-American mathematician philosopher...
French engineer and alchemist, a member...
Hungarian-American conductor and...
- See more
American editor and publisher (Born...
American circus impresario (Born 1847).
dies at age 57.
- See more
Which were the top hits in April 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - The Original Cohens
- Charles D'Almaine - Medley of Old-Time Reels
- Frank Stanley - When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood
- Prince's Orchestra - Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie
- Corrine Morgan - So Long, Mary