Friday 13 April 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Budd [Lawrence] and Samuel Beckett.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Jane Cable by George Barr McCutcheon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1906 ?
- Budd [Lawrence]: Freeman US jazz saxophonist (Eel).
- Samuel Beckett: Irish author of prose, fiction and avant-garde plays, who established the contemporary theater of the absurd with his surrealistic "Waiting for Godot.
- Peter Dahr: Germany Scientist.
- Bud Freeman: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 1991).
- Ed Hamm: American long jumper and coach (d. 1982).
- Klaudia Taev: Estonian opera singer and educator (d. 1985)
- Mutiny on Portuguese battleships Dom Carlos and Vasco da Gama.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?