Sunday 1 April 1906US date format: 4/1/1906, UK date format: 1/4/1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucette Descaves and Sigve Lie.
The Critic, directed by Alexander Tuschinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1906 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Lucette Descaves
- Ned Glass: Poland -- Actor (Sol-Julia, Uncle Moe-Bridget Loves Bernie).
- Sigve Lie: Norway -- Yachtsmans (1948, 52 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Aleksandr Yakovlev: Russian engineer and aeroplane designer (d. 1989).
- Alexander Yakovlev: Russian engineer founded the Yakovlev Design Bureau (d. 1989).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie - Prince's Orchestra
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Frank Stanley
- Medley of Old-Time Reels - Charles D'Almaine
- The Original Cohens - Len Spencer & Ada Jones