Thursday 26 April 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leopold Spinner and Pierre Boileau.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1906 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Leopold Spinner: composer.
- Pierre Boileau: French author, famed for his creation, with his co-writer Thomas Narcejac, of what is termed the ‘’French suspense.
- Luis Garcia Echecopar: Peruvian lawyer who was Minister of Finance (1947-1948) and accidentally charge of Foreign Ministry twice in 1947.
- Paolo Fortunati: Italy Scientist.
- 1st motion pictures shown in Hawaii
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Just a Little Rocking Chair and You - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?