Thursday 26 April 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Loper and Pierre Boileau.
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1906 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Don Loper
- Leopold Spinner: composer.
- Pierre Boileau: French author, famed for his creation, with his co-writer Thomas Narcejac, of what is termed the ‘’French suspense.
- Luis Garcia Echecopar: Peruvian lawyer who was Minister of Finance (1947-1948) and accidentally charge of Foreign Ministry twice in 1947.
- Paolo Fortunati: Italy Scientist.
- 1st motion pictures shown in Hawaii
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- Richard Jose - When You and I Were Young, Maggie
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally