Wednesday 25 April 1906US date format: 4/25/1906, UK date format: 25/4/1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank H Netter and William J Brennan.
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1906 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Frank H Netter
- William J Brennan: U.
- Sally Salminen: writer.
- William Joyce: Author.
- William Brennan: American jurist called "probably the most influential Justice of the [20th] century.
- Camilla Horn: German dancer and actress on the silent screen, she was married five times.
- Zoltan Gardonyi: composer.
- John Knowles Paine: American composer (Born 1839).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- Richard Jose - When You and I Were Young, Maggie
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally