Wednesday 25 April 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank H Netter and Sally Salminen.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1906
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1906 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Frank H Netter
- William J Brennan: U.
- Sally Salminen: writer.
- Zoltan Gardonyi: composer.
- William Brennan: American jurist called "probably the most influential Justice of the [20th] century.
- Camilla Horn: German dancer and actress on the silent screen, she was married five times.
- John Knowles Paine: American composer (Born 1839).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- Richard Jose - When You and I Were Young, Maggie
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally