Saturday 14 April 1906US date format: 4/14/1906, UK date format: 14/4/1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 14, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Faisal ibn Abd al-Aziz and Samuel Beckett.
The Critic, directed by Alexander Tuschinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1906 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Samuel Beckett: Playwright.
- Faisal ibn Abd al-Aziz: King of Saudi-Arabia (1964-75).
- Hunter Johnson: composer.
- François Campaux: French author, film director.
- Franéois Campaux: Auxerre Writer.
- President Theodore Roosevelt denounces "muckrakers" in US press.
- The Azusa Street Revival opens and will launch Pentecostalism as a worldwide movement.