Saturday 14 April 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Faisal ibn Abd al-Aziz and Hunter Johnson.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1906 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Faisal ibn Abd al-Aziz: King of Saudi-Arabia (1964-75).
- Hunter Johnson: composer.
- François Campaux: French author, film director.
- Franéois Campaux: Auxerre Writer.
- President Theodore Roosevelt denounces "muckrakers" in US press.
- The Azusa Street Revival opens and will launch Pentecostalism as a worldwide movement.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1906
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- So Long, Mary - Corrine Morgan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?