January 1911 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1911.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1911: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1911?
- 01 Jan 1911 Northern Territory is separated from South Australia and transferred to Commonwealth control.
- 02 Jan 1911 Brooklyn Dodgers president Charles Ebbets announces purchase of grounds to build a new concrete-and-steel stadium to seat 30,000.
- 03 Jan 1911 US postal savings bank inaugurated.
- 05 Jan 1911 Portuguese expel Jesuits.
- 07 Jan 1911 Dutch Scouts Organization established in Amsterdam.
- 10 Jan 1911 Honduras signs treaty turning over customs to US (not ratified).
- 12 Jan 1911 The University of the Philippines College of Law is formally established; three future Philippine presidents are among the first enrollees.
- 13 Jan 1911 Roald Amundsens anchors at Walvis Bay.
- 14 Jan 1911 Roald Amundsen's South Pole expedition makes landfall on the eastern edge of the Ross Ice Shelf.
- 16 Jan 1911 Pandora becomes first two-man sailboat to round Cape Horn west to east.
- 17 Jan 1911 Failed assassination attempt on premier Aristide Briand in French Assembly.
- 18 Jan 1911 1st shipboard landing of a plane
- 21 Jan 1911 The first Monte Carlo Rally takes place.
- 26 Jan 1911 Richard Strauss' opera Der Rosenkavalier receives its debut performance at the Dresden State Opera.
- 28 Jan 1911 Frenchman Henri Rougier wins first Rally of Monte Carlo.
- 30 Jan 1911 The Canadian Naval Service becomes the Royal Canadian Navy.
Macedonian-born Bulgarian prophet, mystic, clairvoyant and herbalist (Born 1911).
French novelist, scriptwriter and screenwriter, his novels include the 1943 book, "Le Voyageur Imprudent.
French actor on stage, film and television, he is also a playwright.
French athlete, a cyclist, Champion of France in 1933.
- See more
American composer (Born 1853).
American journalist and novelist (Born 1867).
dies at age 49.
dies at age 88.
- See more