Tuesday 3 January 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Rauh and John Sturges.
The Borrowed Flat, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1911 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Joseph Rauh: American organization official, civil rights and civil liberties lawyer.
- John Sturges: United States -- Director (Old Man & Sea, Magnificent 7).
- Alexandros Papadiamantis: Greek author and poet (d. 1911).
- US postal savings bank inaugurated.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band