Thursday 5 January 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Aumont and Louis Aimar.
The Borrowed Flat, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1911 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Jean-Pierre Aumont: French actor on stage, film and television, he is also a playwright.
- Louis Aimar
- Pierre Dermo: Belgian comedian.
- Portuguese expel Jesuits.
- San Francisco has its first air meet.
- Kappa Alpha Psi, the world's second oldest and largest black fraternity, is founded at Indiana University.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band