Thursday 5 January 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Aumont and Louis Aimar.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1911 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Jean-Pierre Aumont: French actor on stage, film and television, he is also a playwright.
- Louis Aimar
- Pierre Dermo: Belgian comedian.
- Portuguese expel Jesuits.
- San Francisco has its first air meet.
- Kappa Alpha Psi, the world's second oldest and largest black fraternity, is founded at Indiana University.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?