Thursday 5 January 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Aumont and Pierre Dermo.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1911 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Jean-Pierre Aumont: French actor on stage, film and television, he is also a playwright.
- Pierre Dermo: Belgian comedian.
- Portuguese expel Jesuits.
- San Francisco has its first air meet.
- Kappa Alpha Psi, the world's second oldest and largest black fraternity, is founded at Indiana University.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 January 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?