Monday 30 January 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abderrahmane Farès and Roy Eldridge.
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1911 ?
- Abderrahmane Farès: French lawyer and politician, the Chairman of the Provisional Executive of Algeria from 3 July 1962 to 20 September 1962.
- Roy Eldridge: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Jazz trumpeter (Gene Krupa, Artie Shaw).
- Alexander George: Ogston biochemist.
- Link Wasem: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher who played two games for the Boston Bees in May 1937.
- The Canadian Naval Service becomes the Royal Canadian Navy.
- The destroyer USS Terry (DD-25) makes the first airplane rescue at sea saving the life of James McCurdy 10 miles from Havana, Cuba.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nora Malone - Blanche Ring
- The Honeymoon Glide - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?