Tuesday 10 January 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Boon [Tjalie Robinson] and Fritz Brandau.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1911 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Jan Boon [Tjalie Robinson]: Dutch East Indies publicist (Tong Tong).
- Fritz Brandau: German pro astrologer and author, a Cosmobiologist who advocates scientific and experimental astrology.
- Binod Chowdhury: Bangladeshi activist (d. 2013).
- Norman Heatley: member of the team of Oxford University scientists who developed penicillin (Born 1911).
- 1st photo in US taken from an airplane, San Diego
- Honduras signs treaty turning over customs to US (not ratified).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?