Monday 9 January 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stafford William .
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1911 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Stafford William: Somerfield British newspaper editor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?