Monday 16 January 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Hanna and Gilbert Gadoffre.
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1911 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Jay Hanna: "Dizzy" Dean Hall of Fame baseball pitcher (Saint Louis Cardinals).
- Gilbert Gadoffre: French scholar.
- Oliver Carter: American jurist, he was the judge in the 1976 Patty Hearst trial.
- Roger Lapébie: French athlete, a cyclist, Champion of France in 1933.
- Roger Lapebie: French cyclist (Born 1911).
- Eduardo Montalva: Chilean lawyer and politician 28th President of Chile (d. 1982)
- Pandora becomes first two-man sailboat to round Cape Horn west to east.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?