Friday 13 January 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johannes Bjelke-Petersen and Sir Johannes ''Joh'' Bjelke-Petersen.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1911 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Johannes Bjelke-Petersen: premier (Queensland Australia).
- Sir Johannes ''Joh'' Bjelke-Petersen: Premier of Queensland (d. 2005).
- Joh Bjelke-Petersen: Australian politician who was the longest-serving Premier of Queensland, holding office from 1968 to 1987.
- Roald Amundsens anchors at Walvis Bay.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?