Friday 13 January 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Costa Concordia disaster and Joh Bjelke-Petersen.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1911 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Costa Concordia disaster
- Joh Bjelke-Petersen: Australian politician who was the longest-serving Premier of Queensland, holding office from 1968 to 1987.
- Johannes Bjelke-Petersen: premier (Queensland Australia).
- Sir Johannes ''Joh'' Bjelke-Petersen: Premier of Queensland (d. 2005).
- Roald Amundsens anchors at Walvis Bay.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?