Friday 6 January 1911, Epiphany
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eduardo Frei and Yannis Andreou.
The Borrowed Flat, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1911 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band