Friday 6 January 1911, Epiphany
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eduardo Frei and Yannis Andreou.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1911 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?