Wednesday 18 January 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabor Darvas and Jose Maria Arguedas.
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1911 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Gabor Darvas: composer.
- Jose Maria Arguedas: Peruvian novelist, poet, and anthropologist (d. 1969).
- Charles Delaunay: French author, jazz expert, co-founder and long-term leader of the Hot Club de France.
- Danny Kaye: American comic actor.
- Cyprien Tourel: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Montpellier.
- José Arguedas: Peruvian anthropologist author and poet (d. 1969)
- 1st shipboard landing of a plane (Tanforan Park to USS Pennsylvania)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?