Saturday 7 January 1911, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Butterfly McQueen and René Bougnol.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1911 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Butterfly McQueen: Actress (Gone With the Wind), dies in a fire at 84.
- René Bougnol: French fencer who won gold at both the 1932 Los Angeles Games and 1948 London Games, and a silver medal at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, all in the team foil event.
- Rene Bougnol: France sport Champion.
- 1st airplane bombing experiments with explosives, San Francisco
- Dutch Scouts Organization established in Amsterdam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?