Sunday 1 January 1911, NewYear’s Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Lotterhand and Eudoro de Souza.
Midsummer Tide, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Rosary Florence by L. Barcla was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1911 ?
- Jason Lotterhand: American occultist and author, one of the Builders of the Adytum during the mid-20th century resurgence of interest in Christian mysticism.
- Eudoro de Souza
- Raoul Marias: Oriolles Military man.
- Audrey Wurdemann: American poet and author (d. 1960).
- Basil Dearden: English director producer and screenwriter (d. 1971).
- Necdet Kent: Turkish diplomat (d. 2002).
- Roman Totenberg: Polish-American violinist and educator (d. 2012).
- Hank Greenberg: American professional baseball player in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Northern Territory is separated from South Australia and transferred to Commonwealth control.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?