Sunday 1 January 1911, NewYear’s Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hank Greenberg and Jason Lotterhand.
Par habitude, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1911 ?
- Hank Greenberg: American professional baseball player in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Jason Lotterhand: American occultist and author, one of the Builders of the Adytum during the mid-20th century resurgence of interest in Christian mysticism.
- Raoul Marias: Oriolles Military man.
- Audrey Wurdemann: American poet and author (d. 1960).
- Basil Dearden: English director producer and screenwriter (d. 1971).
- Necdet Kent: Turkish diplomat (d. 2002)
- Roman Totenberg: Polish-American violinist and educator (d. 2012)
- Northern Territory is separated from South Australia and transferred to Commonwealth control.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?