Sunday 15 January 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Sarthou and Wim Kan.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1911 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Maurice Sarthou
- Wim Kan: Dutch actor and cabaret artist.
- Cy Feuer: NYC, New York -- Broadway producer (Feuer & Martin-Chorus Line).
- Willem Kan: Netherlands Actor.
- Wilhelm Berger composer: dies at age 49.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?