Monday 1 June 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Julius Caesar, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1953 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Ronnie Dunn: American musician, country-western singer in a duo, Brooks and Dunn.
- David Berkowitz: American homicide known as the Son of Sam, holding New York in terror in 1976-1977.
- Diana Canova in West Palm Beach: Florida, USA; actress (Corrine - Soap).
- Timothy Bentinck: Australian-English actor.
- Ted Field: American entrepreneur and racing driver.
- KMJ (now KSEE) TV channel 24 in Fresno, CA (NBC) begins broadcasting
- WDAY TV channel 6 in Fargo, ND (ABC / NBC) begins broadcasting
- Currency reform causes riots in Czechoslovakia (Uprising in Plzeň).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Limelight (Terry's Theme) - Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?