Monday 22 June 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cyndi Lauper and Sergey Smelyakov.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Willys Theatre Presenting Ben Hecht's Tales of the City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1953 ?
- Cyndi Lauper: American singer, songwriter, actress, and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) rights activist with a career spanning over five separate decades.
- Sergey Smelyakov: Russian pro astrologer and International vice-president for ISAR, 1999, representing the Ukraine.
- Wim Eijk: Dutch Roman Catholic Archbishop.
- Mauro Francaviglia: Italian mathematician and academic (d. 2013).
- Mai Lin: American porn actress.
- Bruce McAvaney: Australian journalist and sportscaster
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?