Thursday 4 June 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Lingle and Jimmy McCulloch.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Robot Monster, directed by Phil Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1953 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Linda Lingle: American journalist and politician 6th Governor of Hawaii.
- Jimmy McCulloch: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (One in a Million Wings Small Faces The Dukes and Thunderclap Newman) (d. 1979).
- Susumu Ojima: Japanese businessman founded Huser.
- Paul Samson: English guitarist and producer (Samson) (d. 2002).
- Pitts trades outfielder Ralph Kiner and Joe Garagiola to Chic
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Limelight (Terry's Theme) - Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?