Thursday 11 June 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, directed by Eugne Louri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1953 ?
- Steve Bassam: Baron Bassam of Brighton English politician.
- Peter Bergman: Actor (All My Children, Starland Vocal Band).
- José Bové: French farmer and politician.
- Vera Komisova: Russian hurdler.
- Lloyd O'Callaghan: American policeman who was called in on 1/3/1979, when the gas company attempted to shut off the gas of a Negro resident, Eula Love.
- Barbara Minty: American actress and wife of actor Steve McQueen, 22 years older than she. They married in January 1980 and eleven months later, he died of a heart attack 11/07/1980. She later became engaged to Steve's son, actor Chad McQueen, seven years younger than she.
- Georgios Orfanos: Greek politician
- Jose Bove: French political activist
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?