Sunday 7 June 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dougie Donnelly and Colleen Camp.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, directed by Eugne Louri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1953 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Dougie Donnelly: Scottish television broadcaster.
- Colleen Camp: American actress and producer.
- Johnny Clegg: English-South African guitarist (Juluka and Savuka).
- 1st color network telecast in compatible color (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Eastern Golf Open
- Mary Terrell wins struggle to end segregation in Washington DC restaurants
- WDAU (now WYOU) TV chan 22 in Scranton Wilkes-Barre, PA (CBS) begins
- First color network telecast in compatible color, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Italian general election, 1953: The Christian Democrats win a plurality in both legislative houses.
- Flint-Worcester tornado outbreak sequence: A tornado kills 115 in Flint, Michigan (the last to claim more than 100 lives until the 2011 Joplin tornado).
- Austria and the Soviet Union form diplomatic relations.
- CIA Technical Services Staff head Sidney Gottlieb approves of the use of LSD in a MKULTRA subproject.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?