Sunday 14 June 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1953 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Annie Tulcin: American woman born with Cystic Fibrosis, who inspired her mother, Doris F. Tulcin, to create the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in late 1955 in Philadelphia, USA.
- Janet Mackey: New Zealand lawyer and politician.
- David Thomas: American singer-songwriter (Rocket from the Tombs and Pere Ubu).
- Elvis Presley graduates from LC Humes High School in Memphis, Tennessee
- Military coup by general Gustavo Rojas Pinilla in Colombia
- Yanks sweep Indians 6-2, 3-0 before 74,708 win streak at 18 straight
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?