Thursday 1 June 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos van Wanrooy and Olivier Delaitre.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Respect by Aretha Franklin.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
El Dorado, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1967 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Carlos van Wanrooy: Soccer player (NEC).
- Olivier Delaitre: Metz, France -- Tennis star (1991 Guaruja Doubles).
- Vernon Turner: WLAF WR (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Olivier Delaître: French professional tennis player (1986-2000), one of the rare players who defeated Bjorn Borg.
- Roger Sanchez: American DJ and producer.
- Mayor-council form of government instituted for Washington, DC.
- Protests in West Berlin against the arrival of the Shah of Iran turn into fights, during which 27-year-old Benno Ohnesorg is killed by a police officer. His death results in the founding of the terrorist group ''Movement 2 June''.
- Luis Monge is executed in Colorado's gas chamber, in the last pre-''Furman'' execution in the United States.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Temptations - All I Need
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?