Saturday 10 June 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Human Beatbox [Darren Robinson] and John Yoo.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Respect by Aretha Franklin.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1967 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Human Beatbox [Darren Robinson]: Rocker (Fat Boys-Jail House Rock).
- John Yoo: American attorney.
- Emma Anderson: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Lush and Sing-Sing).
- Paul Maskey: Irish politician.
- Israel, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt end 6-Day War with UN help
- USSR drops diplomatic relations with Israel
- 15,000 attend Fantasy Faire and Magic Mountain Music Festival, California, USA.
- Argentina becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- The Six-Day War ends: Israel and Syria agree to a cease-fire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Temptations - All I Need
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?