Monday 5 June 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Respect by Aretha Franklin.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Face of Another, directed by Hiroshi Teshigahara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1967 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Matt Bullard: American basketball player: forward, Rockets.
- Wendy Turner-Webster: English journalist, television presenter and animal rights campaigner.
- Joe DeLoach: American sprinter.
- Ray Lankford: Modesto, California -- Outfielder (St. Louis Cardinals).
- Ron Livingston: American actor.
- Joe Deloach: United States -- 200m runner (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- 6 day war between Israel and Arab neighbors begin
- Murderer Richard Speck sentenced to death in electric chair
- Royal Canadian Mint ordered to start converting 10 cent and 25 cent coins to pure nickel as soon as possible
- WSBE TV channel 36 in Providence, RI (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Six-Day War begins: The Israeli air force launches simultaneous pre-emptive attacks on the air forces of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Temptations - All I Need
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?