Monday 2 May 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Daddy Long Legs, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1955 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Joe Callis: Rocker.
- Donatella Versace: Italian entrepreneur and noted family, the sister of designer Gianni Versace and manager of Versace House of Design.
- Tadeusz Jarecki: Composer, dies at 66.
- Pulitzer prize awarded Tennessee Williams for (Cat on Hot Tin Roof)
- WGBH TV channel 2 in Boston, MA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- India poses discrimination "onaanraakbaren" punishable.
- Tennessee Williams wins the Pulitzer Prize for Drama for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?