Wednesday 18 May 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1955 ?
- Yun Fat Chow: Nam Nga Island, Hong Kong -- Actor (Better Tomorrow).
- Chow Fat: Movie Actor.
- Lena T Hansson: Swedish actor.
- Lena Hansson: Swedish actress and director.
- Peeter Vähi: Estonian composer.
- Chow Yun-fat: Hong Kong actor and screenwriter
- Mary McLeod Bethune: educator and civil rights leader, dies at age 79.
- 28.7 cm rain falls at Lake Maloya New Mexico (state record)
- Queen Juliana opens E55 fair in Amsterdam
- Atkinson and Depeiaza take West Indies from 6-187 to 6-494 in day versus Australia.
- 28.7cm rain falls at Lake Maloya, New Mexico, USA (state record).
- Operation Passage to Freedom, the evacuation of 310,000 Vietnamese civilians, soldiers and non-Vietnamese members of the French Army from communist North Vietnam to South Vietnam following the end of the First Indochina War, ends.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?