Thursday 19 May 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me or Leave Me, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1955 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Ed Whitson pitcher (New York Yankees: San Diego Padres).
- Pierre J Thuot in Groton: Connecticut, USA; Lieutenant Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS 36, 49, 62).
- James Gosling: Canadian-American computer scientist created Java.
- Atkinson and Depeiaza make 347 stand for 7th wkt West Indies versus Australia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?