Wednesday 2 November 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Gilligan and Mark Reynolds.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
I Died a Thousand Times, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1955 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Frank Gilligan: Queens, New York -- Singer (Mason Dixon-Karen Comes Around).
- Mark Reynolds: San Diego, California -- Star yachter (1988, 92, 96 Olympics - 8th Place).
- Greg Harris: American baseball player who throws right and bats left.
- Chris Burnett: American saxophonist and composer (Chris Burnett Quartet).
- Thomas Grunenberg: German footballer and manager.
- Clarton-Schwerdt and Schaffer discover polio virus
- David Ben-Gurion forms Israeli government
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - At My Front Door (Crazy Little Mama)
- The McGuire Sisters - He
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Al Hibbler - He
- The Cheers - Black Denim Trousers
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?