Wednesday 23 November 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Brust [Karl Zoltan] and Andrew Cohen.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Tarantula, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1955 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Steven Brust [Karl Zoltan]: United States -- Sci-fi author (Yendi, Jhereg).
- Andrew Cohen: American self-styled guru and publisher of What is Enlightenment? Magazine, and various books.
- Peter Douglas: American noted family; son of Kirk Douglas and his second wife; producer of a TV movie, "Amos" starring his dad in 1985.
- Steven Brust: American singer-songwriter drummer and author (Cats Laughing).
- Ludovico Einaudi: Italian pianist and composer.
- British transfer Cocos (Keeling) Island in Indian Ocean to Australia.
- The Cocos Islands are transferred from the control of the United Kingdom to Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?