Thursday 10 November 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Clark in Pennsylvania and James Chapman.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
I Died a Thousand Times, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1955 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Jack Clark in Pennsylvania: USA; all star outfielder (New York Giants, Saint Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees, San Diego Padres).
- James Chapman: American novelist.
- Bruno Peyron: French yachtsman, first winner of the Jules Verne Trophy in 1994, the oldest child of a Navy Commander with Françoise, the sister of navigator Jean-Yves Terlain.
- Jack Clark: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Roland Emmerich: German director producer and screenwriter.
- Vamp opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 60 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?