Thursday 3 November 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Francois Bernardini and Teresa De Sio.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
I Died a Thousand Times, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1955 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Jean-Francois Bernardini: Corsican singer, who with his brother formed the group I Muvrini.
- Teresa De Sio: Italian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Anne Milton: English nurse and politician.
- Phil Simms: NFL quarterback (New York Giants, Super Bowl 1986).
- 1st virus crystallized (announced)
- Bernardus J Alfrink installed as Archbishop of Utrecht
- Alabama woman bruised by a meteor.
- Australia takes control of the Cocos Islands.
- The five-and-one-half-mile long Rimutaka Railroad tunnel opens in New Zealand.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 November 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - At My Front Door (Crazy Little Mama)
- The McGuire Sisters - He
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Al Hibbler - He
- The Cheers - Black Denim Trousers
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?