Monday 28 November 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
El, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1955 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- François Boucq: French comic book artist, most famous for his surreal comics revolving around the main character Jérôme Moucherot.
- Terry Holladay: Charlotte sports Champions.
- Alessandro Altobelli: Italian footballer and sportscaster.
- Jeffrey Byron: American actor and screenwriter.
- Adem Jashari: Kosovo commander (d. 1998).
- KMVI (now WMAU) TV channel 12 in Wailuku, HI (IND) begins broadcasting
- KTHV TV channel 11 in Little Rock, AR (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?