Thursday 3 December 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lothar Schneider and Patrick Chamoiseau.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1953 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Lothar Schneider: German footballer.
- Patrick Chamoiseau: French (born in Martinique) lawyer, sociologist and writer known for his work in the créolité movement.
- Bernard Eccles: Bernard Eccles has been teaching and lecturing in astrology for over twenty years.
- Robert Guédiguian: French film director, actor, screenwriter and producer.
- Robert Hoeg: American homicide; beat and stabbed his wife Suzanne to death on 5/25/1992 in the kitchen of their home in Brockton, about 11:00 AM, while two of their three kids watched.
- Franz Klammer: Austrian alpine skier, he won the gold medal at the 1976 Innsbruck Olympics and was also world champion (both in the downhill). Surnamed "Kaiser Franz" like football player Beckenkauer, Klammer is considered as the best specialist in downhill ever seen.
- Rob Waring: American-Norwegian vibraphonist and contemporary composer (Søyr)
- Kismet opens at Ziegfeld Theater NYC for 583 performances
- Eisenhower criticizes McCarthy for saying communists are in Rep party
- US President Dwight Eisenhower criticizes Senator Joe McCarthy for saying communists are in Republican party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?